It is often said that you are what you eat. That is probably because whatever you eat regulates your health, and your health is reflected by the external attributes such as the quality of your hair, skin or even nails. While lotions and potions do the needful to keep your hair, skin and nails healthy, an unhealthy diet can undo it all, since like all things they too require deeper nourishment. To ensure proper nourishment for your body you need to keep a close eye on your diet. So here is an incredible list of the best foods that you should keep in your daily diet.
For shopping more and getting various discounts and offers on different grocery items, visit Dealvoucherz. This is a website which will help you make great savings.
- Foods rich in Vitamin E: Vitamin E is responsible for regulating the blood flow in the follicles, along with that it also takes care of the scalp by controlling the PH balance and the oil balance. It is also responsible for protecting the hair and skin from damage due to pollution, UV rays and stress. Avocados are considered to bea rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin Eand fatty acids. It is a superfood which must be included in your everyday diet since it will not only boost hair growth but will also give your skin and nails a boost. Even Vitamin E supplements can be quite helpful in maintaining skin, hair and nails healthy.
- Protein: Our hair is mostly constitutive of protein-rich compounds, so are our nails. Protein is, therefore, functional in promoting hair and nails growth and maintaining hair and nail health. Lack of protein in the diet can increase hair loss and make nails brittle. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and biotin along with zinc, selenium and other essential minerals which boost both hair and nails growth. Meat is again a great way to incorporate protein into your diet. They are not only rich in protein, but also contain iron compounds which can be easily absorbed by the body.
- Fatty acids: Food rich in omega-3 and omega-6 are useful for increasing hair density and reducing hair loss. They also help in keeping the skin supple and moisturised, reduce inflammation and acne, and reduce the damage caused by UV rays. Fishes are rich in fatty acids, especially mackerel, salmon and herring. Since they are also a rich source of protein, fishes are therefore a must for a long, healthy and shiny mane. Nuts are also rich in Vitamin E and fatty acids and can be a healthy alternative to junk snacks. You can even seeds which are not only rich in fatty acids but are also a great source of Vitamin E and B Vitamins all of which are functional in maintaining the hair and skin health.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A regulates the secretion of sebum. Sebum is an oil-like compound which is secreted by the follicles which are responsible for moisturising the scalp. Vitamin A is also responsible for the increased proliferation of cells. Our body processes Vitamin A out of a compound known as beta-carotene. Carrots and sweet potatoes are a rich source of beta-carotene and must be included in the diet for a long and gorgeous mane. Beta-carotene also protects skin from the damage caused by UV rays. Red and yellow peppers are also rich in beta-carotene as well as Vitamin C, which means your skin will not only be protected from the rays of the sun but will also be prevented from premature ageing. Since Vitamin A is responsible for the proliferation of cells, a diet rich in Vitamin A will also promote nails growth.
- Vitamin C:Vitamin C increases the effectiveness of Vitamin E. It is also required for the production of collagen, a protein compound which is one of the structural components of our skin and nails, and an increased production of collagen reduces wrinkles, keeps the skin supple and younger, and keeps the nails stronger. It is also functional in increasing the absorption of iron. Berries are a great source of Vitamin C and are rich in antioxidants which reduce the free radicals in our body and give our skin a healthy glow. Citrus fruits are also rich in Vitamin C. Tomatoes contain both Vitamin C and carotenoid—a great way of ensuring beautiful skin, nails and hair.